10 Tips for Good Sleep
Tomorrow is World Sleep Day (Friday of the second week of march).
It is an annual event organized by World Sleep Day Committee of the World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM) since 2008.
It aims to celebrate the benefits that health and good sleep, and to bring attention of society load of problems and medicine as well as the management of sleep disorders.
The Dream occupies a third of our lives, demonstrating its importance. It is proven that not having a restful sleep affects motor and intellectual capacities of individuals, but also influences weight gain thereof.
It is also well known that the use of technologies used in the moments before does not help us reconcile.
Although their great mysteries have not yet been fully revealed, sleep brings a break that goes far beyond the mere physical recovery. So, who remains at rest at night without sleep, certainly not comforting.
The excessive and insufficient sleep have a definite impact on daily life. Here are some tips to achieve a peaceful sleep every night, essential for our body to be healthy and energized to tackle any task the next day.
- Use the bedroom and the bed only for sleep and sexual activity.
- Make daily exercise regularly, but do not do in the hours before bedtime.
- Organize your schedule so that you go to bed at the same time each day and always wake up at the same time.
- Do not smoke, nicotine alters sleep quality, in addition to damaging your health
- Leave the computer, tablet and TV out of your bedroom. Your resting place should be dark, relatively cool and calm as possible. Avoid overloading your room with objects.
- Avoid drinks with caffeine because it can prevent you sleep. Nor drink too much liquid before bedtime because you have to get up to use the bathroom interrupting your sleep.
- Do not take sleeping pills unless you have indicated you the specialist.
- Avoid alcohol because it magnifies snoring and causes you to wake during the night.
- Do not sleep nap and if you do not continue for more than 20 minutes.
- If you can not sleep, get up. Read out of the bed and returns to it only when you feel sleepy.
The three elements of good quality sleep are:
- Duration?– The length of sleep should be sufficient for the sleeper to be rested and alert the following day.
- Continuity?– Sleep cycles should be seamless without interruption.
- Depth?– Sleep should be deep enough or sufficiently sound to be restorative and refreshing.